The North Seal Wilderness Adventure.
Enjoy a quintessential Canadian fly-In wilderness experience, one in which you could only dream existed. Remote, wild, pristine & untouched beauty - you have discovered one of the last remaining untouched areas in Northern Canada. Gangler’s North Seal River Lodge sits in the heart of the remote Northern Canadian wilderness, almost 250 miles from the closest road. This geographically unique area, dominated by rare sand eskers and over 100 lakes and 12 river systems has history extending back thousands of years. The eskers, large raised sand formations formed by the glaciers and rising 400’ above the landscape, extend as far North and South as 200 miles. They were the key travel routes for the annual caribou migration and the ancient peoples traveled them as they followed the herds throughout the year for subsistence. The waterways opened the land to the first Europeans, trappers and missionaries who explored and charted this vast wilderness. You will experience a full range of tours, learning about the region’s history, seeing amazing wildlife, flora and fauna, and unique geologic formations.
Gangler's will personalize each individual trip, as you add to your trip from additional different adventures and experiences this unique slice of Northern Manitoba offers. In August and September, the North Seal lies in the peak zone for the Northern Lights as you enjoy their breathtaking display outdoors in comfort. You will see and experience the beauty and ruggedness of a land forgotten by time.
Trip Activities Include:
• A unique esker ride on our Polaris Rangers as you tour the South esker
• Short hike on the pristine Central esker
• A journey to a crystal clear lake and massive wild game trails on the Northern esker
• Guided side-by-side ATV and walking esker tours
• Guided Nature/history/botany tours
• Guided bear, moose and wolf viewing tours
• Guided photographic and birding tours
• Professionally guided fishing, fly fishing instruction, including a Classic Canadian shore lunch
• Floatplane trip over the Robertson esker
• Esker exploration at Blackfish Lake
• Use of fat-tire mountain bikes, kayaks, and canoes.
• Northern Lights viewing (best Aug. 9 - Oct. 1)
The North Seal Wilderness Adventure Gallery
The North Seal Wilderness Adventure Plan Details:
• R/t air transportation from Winnipeg to NSR Lodge with expediting service
• 5-star lodge w/cabins for two or four, limited to only 24 guests per week
• Classic Canadian lodge in the Sub-Arctic Boreal Transitional forest
• Private cabins with housekeeping and all meals
(Cabins have full amenities: sink, toilet, shower, heating, TV, tables/chairs, comfortable beds and screened porch)
• 7am cabin coffee delivery
• Internet service to lodge and each cabin (wireless)
• Delicious creations from our chef (dietary restrictions can be accommodated), hors d’oeuvres, guiding included.
• Full-service bar/lounge area, ping-pong & pool table.
• Satellite phone and fax.
• 30 different fly-out lakes to fish, available for an extra fee.
• 3 portage lakes w/Polaris ATV’s included on 1 lake.
• Custom 18’ and 16 1/2’ boats outfitted with 40 to 25hp Merc. & Yamaha 4 stroke outboard motors & Eagle depth finders.
• Taxes not included.